The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

BONNIE AND--CHARLEY??
wet
The above is not a current weather map of the Tampa Bay area; it's just stock imagery that I use for all foul-weather postings here. (There've been quite a few, and I've spared my readers the offline bitching I've been doing for the past week on that subject.)

In any case, I'm sure the aerials will be looking like this, or worse, soon. Different parts of Florida are bracing for an imminent double dosage of hurricane action, by the names of Bonnie (to the north) and Charley (to the south). The Bay Area is more or less midway between where the two storms are projected to make their landfalls, so we'll probably be getting doused as a result.

Bonnie and Charley? Shouldn't the meteorologists have shown some foresight and named the "C" storm system "Clyde"? As in Bonnie and Clyde? Considering all the hassle and grief these storms are going to bring to one state, I think it would be an appropos naming.