The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

SINGING 'BOUT SHAKE-ZULA
homies say ho
I've been watching--and enjoying--my recently-procured copy of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force": Volume Two. Probably a bit too much: Some of the music tracks have been running through my head all day today.

In particular, this one lyric:
Don't forget me, I'm Shake-zula
Nobody badder, and nobody cooler
It's part of the running soundtrack on the "Future Wolf III" special feature, which is actually just a bunch of storyboard sketches of the characters and episodes in development (don't ask who Future Wolf is, or what happened to Parts I and II).

I think the main reason that little bit is echoing in my head is because the singing voice sounds somewhat like Isaac Hayes' Chef character, deep and booming. I know it's not, but I can't shake the feeling.

Of course, the above lyrics are an alternate to those from the ATHF main theme, specifically the ones pertaining to Master Shake:
Shake-zula, the mic rulah, the old schoolah
You wanna trip, I'll bring it to ya
My friend Kirby misheard the song and thought it said "Shake-zilla". I've been trying to swerve him back to reality, but he's having none of it.

"Shake-zilla, the mic killa"? Now that's just crazy talk.