The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

NUMBA TWO IN THA HOOD, G
assemble!
"Aqua Teen Hunger Force": Volume Two is in my possession. I've been thoroughly enjoying my copy of Volume One; while I don't think some of the episodes in the second season measure up to the earlier efforts, there are still enough funnies in this second edition to keep me rolling. And there's always the DVD extras; I'm looking forward to the fabled "Baffler Meal" origin clip (I understand Frylock was radically different in his initial appearances from the character that he would develop).

I really like the package design for Volume Two. Very minimalist, with black background and simplistic line drawings.

"ATHF" is still the only thing I regularly watch on Adult Swim. I can see signs of wear and tear, with a trending toward weirdness solely for weirdness' sake, and cop-out endings. But I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.