The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, July 19, 2004

HOWARD STERN DEBUTS IN TAMPA BAY
Today was the day: As previously announced, Howard Stern's radio show made it's debut this morning on 1010 WBZZ-AM, "The Buzz" (formerly WQYK-AM).

No, I didn't listen. Not sure I even remembered it this morning; regardless, I don't listen to the radio, and Stern's not going to change that.

I will be curious to see how the ratings will be. I certainly haven't seen any noticable marketing to announce either Stern or the station's new format. I hope the local radio schmucks aren't relying solely on media reports to do the job.

For what it's worth, today's informal poll at the St. Pete Times' website (currently not working, else I'd link directly to it) bodes ill for the show: Some three-quarters of respondents said they had no intention of tuning in.