The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, July 19, 2004

GMAIL OUTAGE
g-whiz
Let's pile it on this fine Monday morning: The 72-hour rain marathon, locking the keys in the car, and now Gmail is down. It's been down for the past two hours that I've attempted to access it.

It figures. Instead of just idly checking in, I'm actually waiting for a reply to a business email that I sent via my Gmail account. This is a rare occasion where I've actually used the Gmail address for something critical--I figured I might as well put it to some use. It serves me right, I suppose; I've noticed Gmail has been having outages with increasing frequency lately, and just recently some sort of login bug was discovered. It's still a beta program, so no one should be relying on it just yet--it's simply not ready for primetime.