The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

CATCHING BABY ANNE
bass queen
Funny things can happen when you force yourself to step out. I was sitting at home last night, slowly working my way into a lethargy that would wind up with me sitting around all night doing nothing. I managed to screw up enough motivation to actually get dressed and head out to Ybor. I decided ahead of time to hole myself up in Amphitheater; no sense in wasting time.

Imagine my surprise when I found out I lucked out and showed up on the night Baby Anne was spinning! I had no idea. That cemented my intention to forego barhopping and just groove out at Amphitheater.

She didn't get set up until late--around 1:15AM. I was getting a little pissed at waiting so long, but she made up for it when she started the cuts. It was almost all new stuff, and I was glad it was all high-energy uptempo stuff (I have no use for slow jams in a techno club).

It was an unexpectedly fun night. I took a few pictures with my camera phone, but they didn't come out at all good. Just as well; it was all about the audio, not the visual.