The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

BATTERY BLUES
What's worse than killing your car battery by leaving the headlights on all night?

Doing it again, less than a month later.

Yes, I'm an idiot.

I guess it's a good indication of how shaken I was after completion of my jury duty in the Ruff murder trial. Not that I'm incapable of pulling such a boneheaded move sans weighty topics on my mind, but it definitely contributed.

So I'm now waiting for my friend Tom to come on over to give me a jumpstart. If the battery is completely dead--unlikely, as it a brand-new battery, but certainly possible--I'll be on my way to Advance Auto Parts to drop another 50 bucks on another one. While I'm there, I'll take a look through their selection of keychains; maybe they've got one that says "TURN OFF YOUR HEADLIGHTS, DUMBASS" on it.

UPDATE: I'll have to check out Advance Auto Parts' keychain collection some other time. Tom came over, gave me a jump, it seemed to revitalize the battery (as it should have), and I'm seemingly all good to go. Dodged a bullet.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll get that "dumbass" reminder tattooed on my hand.