The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO, THIS EVENING
So, I've got a few entertainment options for this Wednesday evening:

- The aforementioned Ladies' Night at Martini Bar, in downtown St. Pete, which doesn't start until 9PM (which is perfect, actually);

- Going to Ybor to see improv troupe Unlike Nav at the Tampa Improv Comedy Club;

- Watching a four-hour block of "Seinfeld" reruns.

Tough call all around.

I think I'll cross Unlike Nav off the list first. It would involve dragging a date along, and I don't feel like it. Plus, I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be subpar; I can't find any real information about them online, which tells me they're fresh out of college and not ready for primetime (although the midweek showtime and $10 cover charge also tipped me off). I'd rather not go to the trouble of going out to Ybor for an unsatisfying experience, especially an allegedly comedic one. If they someday make the bigtime, I can regret it later.

Ladies' Night looks good, maybe. I'm not in the mood to do more than flirt tonight, though. What the hell, it's something to do.