The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, June 24, 2004

REMOTE LOUNGING
death to videodrome!
I had heard about Remote Lounge back when it first opened, but I was reminded of it tonight when it was a featured stop on "Insomniac".

It's a great concept: Sort of a chatroom-meets-bar, with a twist of Videodrome. You'd think it would attract computer geeks, although perhaps the real-life interface would scare off those who prefer a wholly digital life. If nothing else, it provides a great observable sociopsychological experiment.

I'll have to check Remote Lounge out next time I go up to NYC for a visit. It has potential for being a unique bar-trolling experience. I can hope for the opening of a Remote Lounge outpost in Tampa, but I'm not holding my breath; Miami is probably the only realistic possibility.