The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

NO-BLOG NEWS DIET COUNTDOWN: T-MINUS-5
Word seems to be spreading, even to Australia(!), as I get closer to my no-blog news diet test. The blog and news aggregators are taking the message far and wide, which is good: The more people that find out about it, the better. I ain't doing this solely for my own amusement; I hope, in combination with the all-blog news diet, to provide a learning experience for anyone with an interest in online media.

Toward that end, I'm considering sending out a news release on this, probably via PR Web. The question is, would a PR Web-branded release have any credibility to it, in light of the role that the free press release service played in overblowing the "Andy Kaufman Lives!" hoax? (Not to mention other PR Web gems like the one about the Martian ambassador that was scared back to the Red Planet over a spam deluge.) I'll have to weigh the pros and cons: The possibility of wider traditional (and non-traditional) media dissemination, versus the chance that this could come off looking like a joke. Hmm.

More manana (forgive the lack of the tilde).