The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

A NARCOLEPTIC WEEKEND
Strange weekend. I've been dog-tired practically the whole time, from the end of the workday on Friday on through right now. Not just tired, but tired enough to be in a constant state of drowsiness. Copious amounts of sleep (I snoozed through practically the entire morning today) combined with caffeine and other stimulants during waking hours don't seem to have had an effect.

I mentioned this to some friends last night, joking that I thought I had a touch of narcolepsy. I'm starting to wonder, though. I don't know if narcolepsy is something you develop or catch--I've lived with sleep deprivation for years, so I can't believe it would suddenly lead to this. But it certainly feels like I've got something close to it. Hopefully I'll shake it off by tomorrow morning.