The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, June 04, 2004

THE MERE THREAT OF RAIN
My after-work plans for merriment got cut short, due to the apparent onset of inclement weather. So I'm bummed, and dreaming up alternatives.

It's a shame, because not only did I remember Get Down Town/First Friday for once, but I was actually in the mood for it, for a change. I walked on over, had a slice of pizza and a Heineken, and met up with some rarely-seen co-workers. Unfortnately, there weren't many people around, partly because of the early hour and mostly because of the threat from the gathering stormclouds. So we called it a night.

Now, I'm weighing how much I want to hit Tampa and/or Ybor for the night. I've got a couple of errands to run tomorrow morning, but nothing that should put a crimp on tonight.

Maybe I'll catch I'm Not Scared at Tampa Theatre late tonight. I can kill some time at The Hub either beforehand or afterward; always something interesting in there.