The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, June 07, 2004

IN THE AIR, ON THE GO
expressin' itself
Matt at The Goatbelt was emailing me some info related to possible plans for my newly-procured free computer when he tipped me off to the above, the latest beauty from Apple. It's called the Airport Express, and it's an amazingly compact wireless hub that you set up just by sticking it into a wall socket.

It's one more example of why Apple should not only thrive and survive, but why everyone should want the company to thrive and survive. This is the kind of innovation and design that the computer industry needs a lot more of.

The early buzz appears to be very positive. I'd be tempted to get one myself, if I actually needed it; as it is, I'm already fixed for a wireless access point, and I'm not sure I need one for the road.