The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, June 07, 2004

GAME 7: NO MORE TOMORROWS
flash flicker
It all comes down to this.

You couldn't ask for a more perfect ending to this 2003-04 NHL season than a deciding Game Seven between Calgary and Tampa Bay. All the marbles, no more second chances, and the capper on what's been one of the more entertaining Finals of the past few years. That I got to live in one of the cities, for the first time ever, has been the icing on the cake; and the cherry on top would be having Tampa Bay claiming the Cup.

Obviously, I'm rooting for the Lightning to pull it out. Going from being one of the league's doormats two years ago to one game away from a championship is incredible enough, but putting the capper on it with one last win would make it all perfect.

Of course, the Flames have accomplished just about the same task, breaking a years-long postseason drought with this amazing run. And to tell the truth, they've won me over, in a lot of ways. Just not tonight.

I'm ready to see it. And I'm hoping that, when they make the movie about this run, Orlando Bloom will turn in an award-winning performance as right wing Martin St. Louis.