The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

COKE C2: NICE CANS
c2cme
You know the no/low carb craze has fully permeated our society when something as fundamental as Coca-Cola jumps on the bandwagon. The pre-hyped Coke C2 finally hit the store shelves here in St. Pete, and I sampled it.

Weird thing: They're selling the stuff in 8-packs. Why 8? Beats me. I'm familiar with 6-packs, 12-packs and the classic case of 24; 8 is new one.

My personal taste test didn't do much for me; others may disagree. To my palate, it tasted the same as regular Coke. That's good--I like Coke, and avoid Diet Coke because of the aftertaste. I guess if I'm ever looking to cut the calories/carbs/whatever, I'll have no problem going with the C2.

What impressed me more than the actual drink was the C2 logo design; it's probably half the reason I bought the stuff. I like the use of black in place of the normal white; makes for stark imagery. This is by design: It gives the new brand familiarity, yet at the same time distinguishes it as separate. I like it, indeed.

Incidentally, Coca-Cola has a fantastic online image archive available for public use.