The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

A SERIOUS-TYPE BLOG SURVEY
A tip-off from Steve Outing at Poynter informed me of a survey on blog reading habits, commissioned by BlogAds' Henry Copeland. Go ahead and follow the link to the survey; it's only some 20-odd questions and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of your time. As Outing points out, there's even an opportunity to promote your own blog!

I guess I'd especially encourage all the ladies out there to take this survey, as the early indications are that the results are heavily skewed toward male responses.

Some disclosure on my part: I put a "Never" for almost all the blogs listed as potential reads. I didn't even recognize half of them; only the most buzzworthy ones like Instapundit and The Volokh Conspiracy elicited recognition, and I've probably visited each of those only once. I guess I'm not the ideal hardcore blog junkie.

I was also amused to see Drudge Report listed among the other blogs. As I understand it, Matt Drudge resents being identified as a blogger, despite the appropriate fit.