The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

PAC-MAN CAR AND THE NY TIMES
I said I was going to write to the New York Times' Stuart Elliott about the Pac-Man-inspired Saturn Vue commercial, and I did. And today I got a reply from Elliott, informing me that the spot was produced by Saturn's agency of record, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. (There's no sign of the commercial on Goodby's site, despite the presence of several other examples of their work, including those for Saturn.)

He also said he'll be responding formally to the question in his next Advertising/Media newsletter; I'm sure he'll have comments from Saturn and/or Goodby. I suspect he's gotten a whole bunch of inquiries about it. I'm not sure if it'll appear in the actual newspaper, print or Web.

Of course, props go to Chaz at Dustbury.com, who first clued me in on Goodby being Saturn's agency.