The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

NEEDED: A TRAVEL CHARGER
charge me
Am I the only one who cannot stand those cradle-style recharge units that come with most cellphones? I got one with my new LG VX6000 phone, and I hate it. It takes me several seconds of fumbling to slide and lock the phone into the cradle so that the battery connectors are lined up for charging; you can't just drop it into place effortlessly. I think the basic problem is that the cradle is too lightweight, so it doesn't stay put when you place the phone in it. All in all, it's a pretty poor design.

I'd gotten used to not having to mess with one of these things, because my last phone came with a plug-in travel charger instead of the standard cradle. I very much prefer it--you just plug the phone in, keep the other end in an out-of-sight outlet, and you're done.

So, I'd like to have the travel charger for the VX6000. However, I'd prefer not to shell out 30 dollars for one. I've checked eBay, but I'm not comfortable with buying a cheapie knockoff that might (or might not) fry my phone.

So, I'm putting the call out: If you, or anyone you know, has a VX6000 travel charger available, let me know and I'll make an offer. I'd really like to do a straight trade, the travel charger in exchange for my cradle charger. Since the cradle retails for $10 more than the travel, I think that's a fair deal. Maybe there's someone out there who has the same phone, but doesn't like the travel charger? It's worth a shot.

I've also posted this offer on Craigslist. No bites so far.