The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

GETTING BURNED, ON AND OFF THE ICE
it burns
As if getting beaten by the Flames on home ice in Game 1 weren't bad enough, Tampa Bay defenseman Dan Boyle discovered after the Stanley Cup Finals game that his South Tampa home caught fire that very same night. The fire, caused by electrical malfunction, was contained quickly, but it still caused about $300,000 worth of damage and forces Boyle to find someplace else to sleep.

An electrical fire, during the Lightning-Flames series. A bad omen?