The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

GAME ONE: STANLEY CUP 2004
shock singe
Here we go... Tampa Bay vs. Calgary. As improbable a matchup as you could imagine. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

As far as getting a ticket to a game, as I'd hoped... It's not looking likely. All the games are sold out here, and the scalpers/brokers are asking for a ton. I'm slowly coming around to the view that it's not going to be worth it to shell out $200 for a nosebleed seat, and I'm not going to break the bank for a floor seat. I'll just have to settle for a comfortable seat at home.

And now, if I may borrow a battle cry from Edmonton, that I always thought was hilarious: BURN, FLAMES, BURNNNNNNN!!!

UPDATE: The Flames did some burning, all right--all over the Bolts in a 4-1 butt-kickin'. Just as well that I didn't attend.

Oh well. Only one game. I'm looking forward to a good, long series, with Stanley getting a tan by the end of it.