The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

CORRECTING THE COMMENTS
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the timestamp in my comment boxes has been off by an hour ever since Daylight Savings Time took effect. It appears the commenting code cannot adjust for the time change, so I've implemented a workaround: I changed the timezone for my HaloScan account from Eastern Standard Time to Central Standard Time. Thanks to the DST bug, this is temporally accurate, while being geographically incorrect for a blog originating from St. Petersburg, Florida. C'est la vie. It's not apparent to the reader, so it's all good.

As long as I was messing with the settings, I also changed the display order of the comments from most recent on top, to oldest comment starting from the top. I guess I've read enough other blog comments formatted the latter way that I got used to that ordering, and so I've adopted it myself.