The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

CALM BEFORE THE FRIENDS-ZY
Yeah yeah, it's tonight: The spec-mega-tacular "Friends" finale. Only about six or seven years too late, from my figuring--it's been that long since I watched an episode, and it was running on fumes then. It's not like a TV show gets better once it starts to decline.

As you can probably tell, I'm not going to be catching the fond farewell. I'm also glad I wasn't invited to any get-togethers for the occasion; I can stand to not cheese off any more (lower-case) friends. Since there's no hockey on tonight, I'll be spending the night watching my recently procured copy of Allegro Non Troppo.

For tomorrow, I'm crossing my fingers that I'll run across someone who will actually utter the feeble phrase, "I feel like I've really lost some friends." Then I'll unleash the beast. Or at least laugh uncontrollably.