The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, May 21, 2004

AUCTION TIME AT TAMPA INTERNATIONAL
Some friends I was having lunch with yesterday noted that Tampa International Airport is having one of its semi-regular public auctions of abandoned items, starting 10AM tomorrow morning. They're tempted to go; I told them to let me know if they do decide to go out for it.

I'm thinking of going to it even if they pass. I got a kick out of the newspaper account of the one from a year ago, and figure it'd be something different. I'd probably even bid on something, just for kicks.

And who knows--maybe some mystery suitcase will come up for bid, I can get it for 20 bucks, and it'll turn out to be full of diamonds and jewels! If I stop updating here after the weekend, it'll either be because: a) I've cashed it all in and moved to the Caymans; or b) The owners of the bag full o' diamonds came back to claim their property, and have rubbed me out.