The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, April 09, 2004

WAITING, THE HARDEST PART
ringring
Well, piss on a brick. I found out today that I can't get out of my current wireless phone contract with Verizon Wireless before the end of this month (unless I want to pay a cancellation fee, which this close to expiration would be idiotic). So I'll have to wait that long to upgrade to my new phone: the LG VX6000. With a camera and everything.

I'm wary, because every phone I've ever had has always ended up looking great in the store, but then having a few minor shortcomings in them that made me regret ever getting them. Because I'd always get them for practically free, as part of a contract deal, I'm loathe to get rid of them and have to pay for a new one (plus, it's not like they've been unbearable). But I'm really tired of my two-year-old phone, especially because I can never hear the fucking thing ring unless I'm in a totally quiet room (and the vibrator is not always detectable either!). I'm ready for a new toy, especially with the camera feature. Plus I'm trying to get opinions from people I know who already have this particular phone, to see if my main areas of concern measure up. (If anyone reading this has this phone, I encourage you to chime in.)

I'll just have to be patient. Meanwhile, I'm beating the shit out of my soon-to-be ex-phone as much as I feel like.