The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, April 08, 2004

STYX TIX
Any Styx fans out there?

Really? Getouttahere. No kidding?

Well then, domo arrigato, you wacky roboto. You probably already know that the turgid rock ensemble (sans original frontman, and all-around prissypants, Dennis DeYoung) is performing this Saturday night at St. Petersburg's annual Festival of States. It should be a symphonic delight.

I just happen to have snagged four tickets to the concert. I've already given away two of them, but the other two are still available. So if you're in the Tampa Bay area and want to catch the show, let me know as soon as possible, and they're yours, for free (a $24 value). You'll have to pick them up, wherever is most convenient for me (likely close to my apartment in northern St. Pete).

Why am I not using them myself? Let's just say I'm not down with the Styx stylin'. The band does hold a special place in my memories, as Paradise Theatre was (I think) the second album I ever bought for myself, when I was like 9 or 10 years old. It was an actual vinyl record and everything. I was fascinated by the front and back album cover art; I remember studying it up close for several minutes. A lot of the songs stuck with me for a long time too, especially the opening cut, "A.D. 1928". But we all move on from these things; so it is with me. Besides, I've got a hockey game to go to on Saturday, and some partying afterward.

So, while supplies last, come and get the pair of tickets. Otherwise they go into the trash.