The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, April 19, 2004

HER SCENT LINGERS
I went to a late-night screening of Kill Bill: Vol. 2 last night. Liked it, quite a bit... although this one had a very different vibe from the first one. Can't wait for Vol. 3, in several years.

But the movie itself is not what left a lasting impression with me. What did was the perfume of some woman sitting fairly closeby. I noticed it about halfway through the film; it had a distinctly citrus scent to it, very unique. Let's say that it got my attention, bigtime.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the sense of smell is the most persistent among sensory inputs. Something about this fragrance managed to plant itself into my memory banks, and that's half the battle, I guess. So if you are a female who was in attendance at the Sunday 10:30PM showing of Kill Bill: Vol. 2, at BayWalk, give me a holla.

(And, if by some bizarre chance, you were a guy wearing some sort of sissy-smelling citrus cologne, just keep it to yourself, because I don't wanna know.)