The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

CHARLIE THE OTTER
whatchu lookin' at?
I usually don't go in for cutesy photos of animals, but when I saw this mug prominently displayed in color on the front page of the St. Petersburg Times, well... Charlie the Otter is his name, looking like a tough guy is his game. He's also available in super-large wallpaper size.

I think the expression on his face is priceless. Reminds me of Popeye. Others have told me he looks like he's chomping on a non-existent cigar, sort of Winston Churchill-like. He's actually chewing on some cut fish snacks, and was photographed at just the right time.

I guess I have a soft spot for rodents. Charlie sort of looks like the ferret I owned back in college. I also get a kick out of runty little critters who have Napoleon complexes; my office pet betta is the same way, which makes for lots of entertainment.