The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

TRACKBACK COMING...
... I guess. HaloScan has rolled out trackbacking utility, coupling it with its excellent commenting system. I suppose I'll take advantage of it and add it on here (although I've always said that trackbacks are of questionable value, as they seem to be overly complicated).

However, after an hour of trying to implement them, I haven't been able to get them to work on this blog. I think the problem is a result of several hacks I've made in the original HaloScan commenting code, basically overriding the original JavaScript commands. I'm too tired to try to figure it out tonight; in fact, I may not be able to do it alone, so I'm going to revisit it either tomorrow or next day. 'Til then, it's business as usual around here. NEVERMIND! It came to me in a flash, and I figured it out. Trackback away, y'all!

I have noticed that trackbacks have been largely a Movabletype feature, almost exclusively so. The only trackback-enabled non-MT blog that comes readily to my mind is Whump.com.