The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, February 15, 2004

LIKIN' THAT DAVE CHAPPELLE
I caught the new episode of "Chappelle's Show" last night. The whole show was about Charles Murphy (brother of Eddie) and Rick James talking about their friendship/feud over the years. Chappelle's involvement was in recreating the various episodes the two (mainly Murphy) were talking about, with Chappelle playing Rick James in all his 1980s Super Freak glory.

It was so damned funny. I can't remember the last time I had that many long, sustained belly-laughs. Every time Chappelle said, "I'm Rick James, bitch!", I lost it. It was highly enjoyable. I especially liked the "What did the five fingers say to the face?" joke...

I referenced "Chappelle's Show"a couple of weeks ago. I think I'll have to make watching the show more of a habit. I still think it could do without the audience-participation thing and musical guests, though.