The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

CRAPPLE OF MY EYE
You just know it's going to be a good day when you catch a midday showing of The Apple on FLIX! If you ever come across this flick, make time to watch it, and revel in the delicious pain. In my own words:

Set in the far-flung future of 1994! When the glam-rock dialectic has taken over the world, and every New Yorker speaks with either a British or (West) German accent! You know, just like it really was ;)

I'm watching this dreckful creation right now, and only 15 minutes into it.... boy oh boy. I think I'd have to invent a new language just to properly express how terrible this is. They just started their first Xanadu-esque musical number--ack! It's like a third-rate Rocky Horror Picture Show. On third-rate crack.

And yes, it was just as good the second time around.

I wish to God I could track down a copy of the soundtrack. It's not available through the usual online sources. It's possible every copy of it is lost forever, having all been used as projectiles during the film's grand premiere.