The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

CD SUIT MONEY: ON THE WAY!
Oh boy oh boy, that class-action suit against the music industry over CD price-fixing has finally been settled. So the checks are being mailed out right now. It looks like the delay netted an extra dollar: From the original $12.63 estimate to a whopping $13.86. Cha-ching, baby.

I could take or leave the slightly-higher-than-token amount--I will take it, thanks--but fortunately, it looks like public libraries around the country will reap millions of dollars from being a part of this suit, which they can then use to expand their freely-available collections.

UPDATE: Got the check in the mail today. It came wrapped around a nice little note from Mr. Charming himself, Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist (although suspiciously, the postmark is from Minnesota--doubtless the central location for check distribution). If I had a scanner, I'd throw an image of it up here. But I don't, so I won't. The check's going to the bank, but I'll keep the Crist letter as a memento.