The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, January 19, 2004

THE ODDS
I always figured that when (note that's "when", not the wishy-washy "if") I got together my very own rock band, I'd name it The Odds. Why? Because our first big-label album could then be entitled "What Are... The Odds". And that would be cool as all get-out.

Alas, it appears that's not to be, since there's already an existing band called The Odds. I've never heard them or heard of them before, but on the strength of this quote from their lead singer:

"Pop music is the last vestige of obscure art. You can sing about the demise of a cockroach if you want, as long as you supply a good melody."

I'm prepared to declare that they suck.

Oh well, just as well my dream is dead. For one thing, in order to get a band together, I'd have to learn how to play a musical instrument, and write a song, and sing. Really, what are the... well, you know.