The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, January 03, 2004

IT'S SATURDAY, TIME FOR SUNDAY NFL COUNTDOWN
wild
I'm watching ESPN. Sunday NFL Countdown is on. On Saturday. Hours before the first NFL Wild Card game starts at 4:30. Go figure.

It's a good thing I have a calendar, or else I'd be confused on what day it was. (Actually, with so much holiday down time lately, it has been hard to distinguish some of the time; it kind of felt like a Sunday today for a little while, probably partly because of the NFL games.)

Yeah yeah, I know it's a branding issue; the show has been known as Sunday NFL Countdown for years, and in fact it's the pregame show I watch every Sunday morning. But still, would it be some sort of sacrilege to rename it Saturday NFL Countdown on the appropriate days for the late season and playoffs?