The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, January 23, 2004

I'M PSYCHIC WHEN IT COMES TO WHITE-BOY RAP
informer
I had my iPod jamming on the way home from work this evening. Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" came up on the random play; I made the momentous decision to let it ride rather than fast-forward to another song.

As the song was winding down, I thought to myself, "Gee," (actually, I never consciously think the word "gee"; it just seems to be appropriate here, and so I invoke artisitic license to use it) "Gee, if Snow's "Informer" were to cue up next on the random play, that would be the perfect followup". I didn't manually dive through the iPod's menus to ensure that "Informer" would be the next song to come up, because I was driving and figured it wasn't worth the risk of a crash to listen to a one-hit white-boy rapping wonder from Canada. So I just let Vanilla Ice end and waited to be surprised by the next selection.

To my amazement, a few seconds after "Ice Ice Baby" ended, "Informer" started up! Totally random!

All bow before my awesome mental energies. A licky boom-boom down.