The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, January 22, 2004

GLOBAL WARMING COOLING
What will the greenhouse effect do to life on Earth? One scenario proposes the advent of a tropical England; a more recent study suggests a drastic cooling-down of Europe and North America due to the disruption of the Gulf Stream, part of a surprising side effect from increased temperatures in the Atlantic.

In light of this, it looks like President Bush's moonbase plans are getting launched just in time. Rather than stick around here and freeze my ass off, I'll be heading to a retirement home on Luna. What do you expect? I already live in Florida, I can't go here to retire... It'll either be the moon or Arizona, and if I have to go to a barren wasteland, I might as well get the added benefit of lower gravity.