The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, November 21, 2003

MADSTONE MOVIES
Whatchu doing tonight? If you're a film snob like me, you'll be hittin' it at Madstone Theaters' free weekend of movies in Old Hyde Park Village in Tampa. You can get your free passes right here.

The movies on tap (in no particular order, they'll all be shown at multiple screenings):

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert; Sunshine State; Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb; Amélie; Y Tu Mamá También; Pulp Fiction; and Adaptation.

I've seen all these flicks except for Amélie and Priscilla. I have no desire to see the latter. I also don't plan on seeing Adaptation or Sunshine State again; I didn't hate them, but was less than satisfied with them both (especially Sunshine State). So, I'm looking forward to catching Amélie; it was one of those flicks I meant to catch, but never got around to. Also looking forward to catching the others, especially Dr. Strangelove.

It's a good excuse to go party in Hyde Park afterward. It's been years since I've hit any places there. If it's looking dead, I can always head elsewhere.