The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, November 09, 2003

JUST DON'T SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT, KID
fra-geel-ay
(Thanks Tom McMahon) I know you simply cannot get enough of the bizarre holiday classic that is A Christmas Story. So browse your bad self over to Amazon.com and load up on the action figures from the film, among others.

I have a friend who adores the movie; I think a set of the action figures might be a nice Xmas present for him. He doesn't read this blog regularly enough to spoil the surprise.

I have a weird personal history with A Christmas Story. I first saw it in the mid-80s, and I swear I thought I had imagined it for years afterward; it seemed like too strange a movie to have ever actually existed. This was years before it became a televised plague, appearing on so many cable channels during the holiday season that it challenged It's a Wonderful Life as the most ubiquitous Christmas movie on the tube.