The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, September 19, 2003

THEY'RE FICTIONAL, AND THEY MAKE MORE MONEY THAN I DO
all singin', all dancin'
The Forbes 400, ranking the richest people in these United States, just came out. The usual suspects are all there: supernerd monopolist Bill Gates in the top spot, a bunch of Wal-Mart heirs, and so on.

The editors had some fun storyboarding this year, as they also unveiled their list of The Forbes Fictional Fifteen.

The list is not species-specific, which accounts for the inclusion of non-human tycoons like good ol' Scrooge McDuck. Personally, I never realized that either Santa or Willy Wonka had that much scratch. But as soon as I heard about the existence of this list, I just knew that Springfield's own Monty Burns would be on it!

Note that Forbes welcomes you to add to the list.