The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, September 20, 2003

SEX AND THE REALTY
While strolling around my fair city of St. Petersburg the last couple of days, I've spied a couple of commercial real estate "for lease" signs with an interesting name on them. The signs are up courtesy of a realty agent named Sarah J. Parker, whose name is prominently posted in big letters.

That "J" can't stand for Jessica, could it? It couldn't possibly be Sarah Jessica Parker, right? The big star and producer of "Sex and the City" likely doesn't have to take up a second career in real estate to make ends meet, especially not since the syndication rights for the show have just been sold, doubtlessly for mucho dinero. On top of that, I understand her husband makes a decent living, too.

If I had a little more boyish nerve, I'd call up the number on the sign and the question they've probably heard more than once. But it just seems too goofy to undertake. If Sarah J. Parker Realty has a website, maybe I'll drop an email on it. A casual search hasn't uncovered one.