The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, September 29, 2003

GOOD GRIEF!
my favorite little round-headed kid
Turn that frown upside down, Charlie Brown! The good news, courtesy of Gael Fashingbauer Cooper's Testpattern, is that Fantagraphics will be reprinting the entire 50-year run of Peanuts, including lots of never-before-reprinted stuff from the early days.

I'm already sold (although I'd prefer a trade paperback edition instead of hardcover; just a preference). For the longest time now, I've wanted a collection of the first couple of decades of Peanuts. I've read those little paperback collections since I was a wee lad, and always wanted to revisit those reprints in a more comprehensive form.

Granted, the strip really got boring from around the mid-80s on. But the earlier runs were gold. Can't wait to get my hands on this collection.