The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

SURROUNDED BY DONUTS!
I made what I thought was a pretty good off-the-cuff joke this morning. As I made my way through the front door of the office, I was greeted with a big box of fresh Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. Very tempting, and if I hadn't stopped off first on the way in for a bagel with cream cheese, I would've grab one.

So I turned the corner and walked down the hall to my desk. As I reached the end of the hall, what should be waiting there on the little coffee table? Yep, yet another big ol' box of Krispy Kremes! They were seemingly all over the place!

My assistant was already at his desk, and I exclaimed, "Davis, what's the deal with all the donuts? Were we acquired by Krispy Kreme overnight?"

Got a good little laugh. Imagine if Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. really did buy your workplace out! They probably don't keep the supply of free donuts (I prefer that spelling to the stodgy-looking "doughnuts") going, but it's nice to think they do. You'd probably gain 50 pounds and have one hell of a case of tooth decay (gotta believe that the corporation has a good dental plan)!

It turns out that one of our semi-regular editors (he works on a publication that comes out annually, so he's around for only about one month) brought the ultra-sugary treats in, for all to share. I ended up downing a couple during the course of the day; gotta get that afternoon saccharine fix!