The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, August 17, 2003

HOLLYWOOD (ALMOST) IS CALLING
oldschool has-been newschool has-been
It's been said that America has little tolerance for B-list celebrities. Sure, we wonder about whatever happened to Ian Ziering, but not to the point where we want to see them make an undoubtedly embarrassing comeback.

Thankfully, there is another avenue for these faded stars, one that keeps them in a spotlight (of sorts), while keeping them well under the top-tier radar. HollywoodIsCalling.com lets you hire the likes of Lorenzo Lamas and Lou "The Incredible Hulk" Ferrigno for a brief telephone greeting, all for twenty bucks. Brilliant!

I can see myself making use of this service. Who would I pick to call-greet my friends and loved ones? Freddy "Rerun" Berry would be my senitmental choice, but Ferrigno is tempting. A tough call.