The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Thursday, July 17, 2003

SOMEONE'S READING THIS!
You just never know who's going to take a peek at your blog. Could be someone famous--or at least, semi-famous. More famous than me, anyway.

I got an email today from one Thomas Lennon, responding to my recent dissing of his and his partners' current and past work on "Reno 911!", "The State" and "Viva Variety". It was short and sweet (I'm guessing he won't mind me submitting it to the public record, minus his email address, naturally...):

From: "Thomas Lennon"
To: "Costa Tsiokos"

Fuckheads? Wow. Idiots I don't mind, but Fuckheads is pretty harsh.

Tom Lennon


My reply:

From: "Costa Tsiokos"
To: "Thomas Lennon"

You say poh-ayt-to, I say poh-tah-to. I could backpedal and say that it was an off-the-cuff rant, but that'd be a copout. It's one man's opinion, take it as for what it is. Regardless, best of luck with the new show, Le Divorce and anything else you have on tap.


Small world.

I also let Tom know that he is now the second entertainment notable to give me feedback! The first? That'd be Jon Reep, aka the "That Thang Got A Hemi??" Guy, who didn't appreciate my assessment of his work. Which is now long off the air, I might add.