The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Sunday, July 06, 2003

PUZZLE TIME!
I bought myself a jigsaw puzzle today. The title character in Spider, which I caught this Independence Day weekend, worked on a puzzle at one point in the movie, and I guess that put the bug in my ear. (Hopefully, I won't take any other cues from that character, skillfully portrayed by Ralph Fiennes; he's completely insane, and not in a "good" way.)

I can't remember the last time I sat down and worked a jigsaw puzzle. Years and years; maybe not since my teenage period.

Why a puzzle? I just felt like engaging in some non-electronic, low-mental-output entertainment. Scrape my eyes off the television/computer screen for a spell.

The puzzle image is a 3-foot-long panoramic photo of New York City's Times Square. I'd display the photo here, but it's way too large length-wise, meaning it would totally screw up this blog's layout. Plus, I'd need to get permission from the photographer to use it, which I can likely get, but since I'd have to shrink it down so much, why bother? Anyway, the puzzle should be a good challenge.