The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, July 26, 2003

NUTRITIONALLY SPEAKING... FOR CHRISTIANS?
(blogathon 2003)
I just flipped through some channels, and came across a promo spot for Nutritionally Speaking, some kind of holistic nutrition show. I was surprised to see it was on the Christian Television Network.

How does the usual televangelism match up with a cooking/food show? I realize that lots of dedicated-subject networks are now trying to broaden their base with different programming, but why would the donation-driven CTN do that? Are things that bad on the God front?

I was intrigued by the possibility that this was some kind of Christianized food show. Maybe the extent of the unique nutritional advice was an admonition to stay away from devil's food cake, devilled eggs and other hellishly-inspired foods? Proper nutrition for your eternal soul??

Unfortunately, I can't find anything like that online. In fact, the host of the show, Dr. Ward Bond, has even written a sexual aid book! I'd have thought that alone would have blackballed this guy from CTN.