The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Monday, July 21, 2003

EATING LOW-CARB, HIGH-PROTEIN CRUD
Yesterday, on a lark, I bought a Carb Solutions Taste Sensations!™ High Protein Bar. Mint Chocolate Chip flavor. I was going to buy a whole box of them at first, but then, since this was the first time I was trying them, I figured I'd play it safe and sample just a single bar.

Good thing I did.

I just had it for my dinner tonight. The first bite wasn't too bad, but as I ate more of it, the gritty texture really started to get to me. Yuck! Plus, the chocolate-mint flavoring really didn't come through too well. Not a very pleasant dining experience. I cannot imagine eating one of these things every day.

I think, whenever a food product has that many words in its name, that's generally a red flag.