The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Friday, July 25, 2003

THE CRITICAL AY, AY, AY AY
feel the burn
Just got back from lunch at Tijuana Flats. I normally don't go for Mexican food, but I was meeting some friends, including Amber, (Tom's wife) and she was craving Mexican food, so I went with the flow.

Tijuana Flats has a huge selection of hot sauces. Tom decided to sample some, and like a fool I did too. I tried only one, the hottest one he could find; don't remember the name of it, but it consisted of pretty much nothing but Scotch bonnet peppers. I put too much a dab on my steak quesadilla, and my mouth was on fire for a good 10 minutes straight. It's not the worse hot sauce pain I've ever experienced--far from it--but I wasn't really prepared for it, so it did a number on me.

Tijuana Flats is a funky joint. It's tres popular, being just north of downtown St. Pete; always packs in a big crowd for lunch. The decor also has a distinct hippy sensibility to it.