The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, July 26, 2003

COMPLEX PARTY
(blogathon 2003)
My apartment complex just got a new management company this month, so to kick off their presence, they threw a catered affair last night at the clubhouse. Pretty darn good food: Loads of sushi (I especially liked the salmon rolls), coldcuts, vegetables, shrimp, chocolate-covered strawberries, and champagne to top it all off.

I went mainly for the food. The place was far from packed, so I didn't get to see too many of my neighbors; mostly it was the older residents with nothing else to do. There were a couple of cute girls I hadn't seen before, and even a couple who weren't attached. Didn't get or exchange any phone numbers though; not really motivated enough. I think I spent about 25 minutes there total, up until they started the live music.