The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Wednesday, July 16, 2003

CASTING CALL FOR THE PUNISHER
gonna waste some extras now
Speaking of the movies--or, if you will, peliculas--there's a casting call for extras this Saturday for The Punisher, which will be filmed right here in Tampa.

I'm really tempted to go. How often does a resident of the Tampa Bay area get a chance to get in on a big-time Hollywood production? Not often at all. They'll be looking for 2,000 people; odds have to be pretty good at getting in, right? Could be a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Plus, I've got an insane amount of vacation time--like three weeks!--so I need to use it, lest I get to the end of the year and lose the bulk of it. I can't think of a much better way of spending part of it than being in an action flick!

I'm also trying to talk my friend Kirby into going, and to bring his infant daughter. Figure she might have a good in.