The Critical 'I'

Read. React. Repeat.

Saturday, July 26, 2003

BLOGGING FOR ANIMALS
(blogathon 2003)
chucklehead
In the one-good-turn-deserves-another category, I direct you to Jaynee at Animal Action, aka Cootie Hog. She's rustling up dollars for the critters.

She linked to my site extensively today, and even included a photo of my office pet, Phil the Betta. That inspired me to put up my own picture of the little creep.

A betta is a pretty ideal office pet. They're very low maintenance (but don't interpret that as "no maintenance"; still gotta change out about half the water once a week), tend to have tremendous attitude, and are nice to look at. I find a lot of humor in Phil's typical behavior: He swims up to the surface super-quick to check you out, then gets into fighting mode. When I stick my finger in the tank to give him a fight, he instantly wusses out and tries to get away (although I notice not too fast; I think he's made the whole thing into a game).

I'm sure the little Chucklehead gets lonely over the weekend. The only excitement he gets is when a security guard walks along ever couple of hours.